WHO ARE WE
FC Barcelona World Penyes Federation gathers the official supporters’ clubs (penyes from now on) of FC Barcelona of the “World” zone, this is, all the located outside of Catalonia and Spain. It was officially established in 2016 and currently has over 140 active supporters’ clubs and 20000 supporters clubs’ members.
STRUCTURE OF THE PENYES MOVEMENT
In 2013 a new organization in 30 territorial federations was set up: 18 federations corresponding to area 1 (Catalonia), 11 of area 2 (rest of Spain) and one for area 3 (rest of the world). All of them are included in the World Supporters’ Clubs Confederation of FC Barcelona, founded in March 2015 and chaired by Antoni Guil.
As a result of the statutory reform related to the new organization, the 30 presidents of the Federations are part of de the Council of the Confederation and commitment members of FC Barcelona.
The FC Barcelona World Penyes Federation's mission is to represent and defend the interests of the affiliated penyes, as well as participate actively in the public life of FC Barcelona, respecting its values and principles.
It is mandatory that every FCB Barcelona supporters’ club affiliates to the geographically corresponding Federation. For the zone 3-World this is the FC Barcelona World Penyes Federation.
- To improve communication with and between the penyes in the area, optimizing the use and functionality of existing channels or proposing new options.
- To promote awareness of the movement and to value the actions and activities of the clubs in the area, promoting representativeness and greater public exposure, both locally and internationally.
- To encourage more agile efforts, acting as an interlocutor with the Club when necessary.
- To ensure the interests of all official penyes, through the publication and implementation of clear and transparent procedures.
Special thanks to our collaborators for their hard work and dedication for the Federation and all penyes:
- Teresa Calveras. Social media and communication
- Mick Vanlimbergen. Technologies, Partners & Public Relations